House without excellent interiors is just empty space trapped within concrete walls. Aesthetically and functionally rich interiors turn it into a liveable and delightful home.
Professional interior designers can do a great job of it as they are trained, qualified and experienced to do it. Voglia makes one such professional interior designer organization you can entrust with transforming your home interiors. However, knowledge of some essential interior tips helps when you work with a professional.
The whole idea is to turn your home to a space of your own; an extension of your personality and expression of your tastes, perceptions and persuasions.
INTERIOR DESIGN TIPS
- Spend money on trend-proof stuff. Do not go by the current trend. Instead invest in what is timeless. It is worth to invest in interiors that do not go out of fashion any time soon.
- Do not get into impulse buying. Avoid working within a tight colour palette. Plan carefully and ensure that the finished work works well as a whole.
- Always keep functionality and practicality in mind.
- Decide on the style and materials that fit the location of the property.
- Try blending serious style with playful individualism.
- Trawl the trends for what you love, rather than what is fashionable.
- Don’t worry about what others would think. Design your home interiors the way you want. Create an environment with stuff that makes you happy.
- Keep the end in mind. Build a visual and textual representation of your objectives you can refer as often as you want to. It will keep you on track and help you achieve what you had
on mind when you started out.
- Do not take the opinions of your neighbours, friends or family. Each of them gives you an opinion they think is the best. Their tastes and styles need not match that of yours.
- Do not rush into your interior design decisions. It may help if you try living in the space and understand how you use it. That way you can take organic decisions.
FURNITURE TIPS FOR YOUR INTERIORS
- Round tables go well in small rooms. They make the space flow better.
- Go for bespoke furniture. You will then have a synergy between design and your tastes.
- Avoid placing everything on the floor. It clutters the floor space. Try using vertical wall space for storage units and other wall mounted fittings.
- Wall hung mirrors create an illusion of space.
INTERIOR DESIGN FINISHING TOUCH
Try to have one oversized and out of proportion accessory in a room each. It makes the interiors look better than having it all of the same size and shape. Accessories, art, plants and flowers add life to the interiors. Accessories such as the bowl you bought from an exotic location or shells from your beach vacation tell your story. Fill your rooms with things that stir fond memories. Lampshades, lamps and fixtures add to your interiors.
Leave space for adding small touches to your home interiors.
Things like cushions, lamps, flowers and rugs can be changed from time to time.
A successful interior design is about surrounding yourself with things that inspire you and tells your story in your own style.